We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our total rewards package offering includes bonuses, healthcare, insurance benefits, retirement programs, wellness programs, as well as service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities, all of which are location specific.
Additional role-specific areas of responsibilities may be added as deemed necessary by the local hiring manager.
- Assesses the impact of competitive dynamics and points of parity / points of difference through competitive analysis.
- Researches features, uses and competitive quality of a specific product.
- Utilizes specific approaches and tools for gathering and collating competitive information
- Maintains networks of people and resources for obtaining competitive information.
- Adheres to organizational protocols, practices and procedures for gathering competitive information
- Understands the needs of the primary and secondary customers. and how to articulate the value proposition to the specific audience.
- Works with inputs from KOL network.
- Explains different product features to different customers as appropriate to their needs.
- Understands what current and potential customers need to drive value in the portfolio.
Customer Centric Development
- Surfaces new or unexpressed customer needs.
- Focuses product and service features and functions on the customer’s critical success factors.
- Develops consistent processes for maintaining customer engagement.
- Escalates systemic problems that could affect customer satisfaction.
Developing the Strategy and Marketing Plan
- Understands the linkages between all components of the Big Picture framework; relates upstream decisions to executional decisions.
- Collaborates in developing key strategy documents: strategic plan, annual marketing plan, product launch plans, etc.
- Translates the marketing plan to specific marketing activities to carry out the plan.
- Supports the creation of key documents: business reviews, marketing strategies, proposals and recommendations.
- Accurately forecasts resource needs.
- Applies established organizational practices in budgeting.
- Participates in the budgeting process cycle, necessary inputs and reporting requirements.
- Supplies supporting information and justification for major line items.
- Explains variances in budget reports of planned vs. actual expenses.
- Supports the creation of Project Charters, CERs, and Business Case Financial Models as applicable.
Value Prop Segmentation
- Performs needs-based segmentation (i.e., behavioral, attitudinal, and aspirations).
- Identifies and measures customer variable importance and perception.
- Uses Main and Dynamic Variable concepts to explain competitive dynamics in the category.
- Generates segmentation variables from customer insights.
- Uses customer insight research to validate importance and perception for each of the attitudinal segmentation variables.
Value Prop Targeting & Positioning
- Leads the value proposition development work including the following components: customer beliefs and behaviors, main and dynamic variables and reasons to believe brand value.
- Can succinctly describe desired customer beliefs and behaviors required to meet the Brand’s (product or portfolio) goals in the planning period.
- Writes target audience descriptions that reveal customer insights for the major customer stakeholders involved with the brand.
- Prioritizes evidence (clinical, use and economic) and other proof (KOL, user and patient testimonials) useful to demonstrate customer value arising from the value proposition.
- Uses the target audience description collaboratively with the commercial team to prioritize potential customers.
- Can develop a Five Box Positioning statement that guides and informs marketing tactics.
- Able to develop basic marketing positioning based on internal and external situation analysis to communicate a value proposition.
- Understands difference between core competence, strategic asset and benefit.
- Translates the core competence and strategic assets of the company to marketing strategies and tactics.
- Applies the core competencies of the product or portfolio to marketing strategies and tactics.
- Links types of evidence (clinical, use, economic) to specific value proposition elements and specific stakeholders.
- Proposes objectives for evidence generation and evaluates individual studies for alignments with evidence generation strategy.
- Links customer acquisition and retention goals to business outcomes.
- Ties the business goal of the product or portfolio to the overall goal of the business.
- Understands Hand, Head and Heart Loyalty and which one is appropriate for the product or portfolio.
- Develops operational customer definitions by stakeholder and by product or portfolio
Source Volume and Strategic Objective
- Can estimate the effort needed to target each customer group in all four Big Picture quadrants.
- Synthesizes market trends and makes recommendations on sources of volume and strategic focus.
- Relates potential opportunity from each strategic quadrant to the product or portfolio strategic focus, based on tradeoffs amongst the strategic quadrants.
- Understands potential sources of volume for the product or portfolio.
- Assesses the impact of competitive dynamics and points of parity/points of difference through competitive analyses.
Sales Distribution Channel
- Works with a sales strategy for a specific channel, product, and market.
- Develops new strategies, sales tools, and communication plans of various products and customer bases.
- Applies clinical knowledge in combination with technical knowledge to educate and articulate value.
- Analyzes sales data and identifies areas for growth.
- Thoroughly familiar with the selling process and the translation of benefits into a selling script based on the clinical need.
- If business has a sales training/enablement function, this section can be adjusted to show collaboration between the two functions:
- Sets the sales training strategy for the product or portfolio
- Creates additional sales training tools and resources to assist in continued understanding of business unit product offering
- Selects suitable delivery methods for different training sessions.
- Develops accurate volume forecasts grounded in an understanding of market and trial dynamics. Prepares forecasts that reflect potential risk and uncertainty.
- Researches key factors, measurements and variables used in forecasting.
- Reports on problems associated with sales forecasting activities.
- Add only when PLCM resides in downstream:
- Executes a PLCM plan as it relates to the overall strategy.
- Has a working knowledge of manufacturing facilities and capabilities.
- Knows how to set price and develop a pricing approach consistent with the Marketing Strategy and brand positioning
- Analyzes market pricing data to help set price
- Develops pricing approach /level consistent with the Marketing Strategy and brand positioning.
- Understands implications of strategies (bundling, capitation, risk)
- Articulates desired communications outcomes consistent with marketing strategy to MarComm team
- Evaluates the costs and benefits of marketing channels.
- Assists in the development of new marketing channels and tools.
- Establishes metrics, goals/success criteria, and milestones.
- Conducts post-launch analyses and implements lessons learned
- Establishes short-range and long-range improvement goals for own function, and under guidance, develops action plans to achieve those goals.
- Under guidance, reports measurement results in actionable form to management.
- Analyzes customer satisfaction inputs to assess trends in customer engagement, and incorporates trends into strategic planning.
- Able to segment customer satisfaction inputs by customer type to determine how the business is performing in engaging target customer markets.
- Creates a standardized way to track KPIs as well as a consistent method to report back to the business.
- Proposes updates and enhancements to the KPIs based of the analysis of metrics over time.
- Provides marketing intelligence group with key objectives and inputs to drive customer insights.
- Documents performance criteria used for evaluating business trends and activities.
- Recognizes and assesses problems, opportunities and methods for improving existing business performance.
- Delivers high quality results with passion, energy, and drive to met business priorities.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to build partnership to achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrates developing financial acumen.
- Effectively manages key relationships and work activity.
- May coach and mentor marketing personnel.
Education & special trainings:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA preferred
International labor markets fill in local requirements
Qualifications & experience:
- 4+ years of work experience required
- 2+ years medical device or marketing experience preferred
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects while delivering on established timelines
- Ability to be persuasive in the absence of organizational authority
- Must be able to understand and work within complex interdivisional procedures and policies
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
Additional role-specific preferred technical qualifications (skills, tool proficiencies, etc.) may be added as deemed necessary by the local hiring manager.
Additional desired role-specific certifications may be added as deemed necessary by the local hiring manager.
Physical & mental requirements:
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Coordination of eye, hand and foot movement with an ability to grasp by hand and meet cognitive demands to include visual and auditory discrimination / memory, reading ability and memory retention ability.
- Exercise discretion and independence when applying professional expertise
- Must be able to manage time, projects, stress and conflict
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication
- Must be able to bring tasks through to completion with minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to prioritize work and keep detailed and confidential records
- Must be able to communicate / present to large groups of people
- Must possess unwavering ethics & integrity in a competitive and demanding work environment
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/