We are seeking:
- An enthusiastic, practical, honest and pro-active colleague to join our Embassy team
- A university graduate with good knowledge, insight, experience and interest in Saudi Arabia
- A creative colleague with excellent social media skills who will be part of our Public Diplomacy Team
- A colleague who has excellent command of Arabic and English
- A colleague who is capable of working independently without losing sight of his/her colleagues and the goals of the Embassy team at large
- Someone who takes initiative and responsibility, with the willingness and ability to multi-task and perform tasks not explicitly set out in job description
- Someone who is planned and organized and works in a structured way even during busy times
- A candidate who is an excellent communicator, both within the Embassy team as well as with external partners and customers
- An eager learner, who is willing to internalize the project management rules from the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- A colleague with a hands-on mentality, good planning skills, ability to deal with stress, and willingness and ability to work overtime, when occasionally required. (e.g. incoming delegations from the Netherlands).
- A colleague who looks forward to working in a relatively small, but highly diverse setting.
- A colleague who is prepared to work occasionally at night – when related to an Embassy event or to travel for work if necessary – which is not frequently
- Dutch nationals and Dutch speaking persons are encouraged to apply
- The successful candidate is expected to commence duties not later than 1st April 2023
SPECIFIC JOB INFORMATION
The Press and Cultural Affairs Officer will work under the management of the Political Counsellor, but also responds to the Ambassador who is the head of the Political Department. This department is primarily concerned with working on the Dutch policy priorities in the field of political cooperation, human rights & SDGs and culture in KSA. The political department works in a constructive way with Saudi stakeholders in this field and looks for opportunities as described in the Embassy Strategy document 2021-2024.