As a New Business Hunter you will be responsible for targeting new organisations across your territory. You will focus on Passport and Via subscriptions, identify opportunities for Consulting projects as well as supplying clients with extracts and one-off reports. You will be a highly self-motivated sales professional with a proven track record for selling in the business-to-business arena. You’ll have the tenacity, drive, commercial awareness and persuasiveness to find the right contacts, understand the client’s issues, and match and apply the benefits in your solution. You will often need to involve several stakeholders, both internally and externally, in different locations across the world so strong networking and organisation skills as well as an understanding of corporate purchasing dynamics are a must.
This role is client facing and will require some global travel to meet clients across the territory. Additional languages would be an advantage although not essential.
- Generate sales with new clients in your designated territory
- Identify key sponsors, influencers and decision makers at target companies and ensure that you understand their roles and objectives, and that they understand the benefits and applications of using data.
- Create a sales plan on how to reach sales targets and ensure implementation of the plan
- Research a strong prospect list
- Take ownership of your personal sales targets
- Develop your new clients so they know how to use their online service
- Manage ongoing client relationships with accounts through the entire tender process and procurement
An outstanding personal sales track record