We are WSP – Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East is currently looking for a? Inspector – MEP to act as an Independent Engineering Consultant to ensure the Contractor’s compliance with the Employer’s requirements (contract documents, drawings, specifications, standards, local authorities’ requirements) with regards to the Port, buildings and Infrastructure expansion and upgrading MEP works (electrical, , mechanical, plumbing, potable water, fire-fighting, drainage, stormwater … etc) and required MEP installations for Port equipment (Cranes, RTGs, service workshop, fuel … etc).
Your new role, what’s involved?
* Review project documents that include, methodology, quality assurance, control procedures, engineering and construction time schedule.
* Review and provide necessary comments on Contractor’s technical submittals such as design, specifications, drawings, calculations, method statements, TPIs, risk assessments … etc. for compliance with Employer’s Requirements, Authority Requirements, End-User Requirements, Local and International Standards
* Oversee/inspect site construction work on a daily basis, witness tests, identify non-compliance to construction documentation, and recommend corrective measures.
* Coordinate on a daily basis with the Team Leader and other team members to verify, document and report the quality issues of work performed by the Contractor and provide/suggest corrective actions.
* Process (review and comment) the incoming correspondence.
* Monitor progress, record, and identify risks and potential delays and provide/suggest solutions.
* Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports (in English) with details of the observed works, quality, progress (fabrication and construction), testing of components, status of materials procurement/delivered to site.
* Ensure high quality of works during the service, strict compliance with the Employer’s Requirements, Projects Specifications and HSE Requirements
* Assessment of the Contractor’s compliance to the quality management system as specified in the latest applicable standards. Any non-conformity found shall also be reported.
* Evaluate Contractor’s personnel, equipment, materials, and subcontractors
* Participate in project construction meetings if required.
* Assist in resolution of construction problems.
* Analyze value engineering proposals.
* Coordinate with other team members.
* Coordinate and liaise with Port operator(s) and stakeholders