This includes preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within his/her speciality. He manages. He ensures high standards of food hygiene, and adheres to the rules of health and safety. He monitors portion and waste control to maintain profit margins. He should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to delegate appropriately, possess an organisational flair and grasp of profit margins and demonstrate a high standard of personal hygiene.
- Work closely and follow the guidance of the Head Chef.
- Assisting the Head Chef in exercising cost control and minimize food wastage and kitchen resources
- To check and maintain procedures of closing duties
- Ensure hygiene standards and cleanliness in the kitchen are met
- Demonstrate and practice high level of working hygiene and safety in the kitchen at all times
- To oversee kitchen and kitchen crew
- Operate and maintain all kitchen equipment and reporting of any malfunction
- To ensure adequacy of ingredients that should be frequently available
- Understanding and awareness of ingredients used for menu items and their method of preparation and presentation standards
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in Japanese Cuisine is preferred
- A valid Basic Food and Hygiene Certificate
- Knowledge of supplies, inventory control and kitchen equipment.
- Company will provided – Food, Visa and Insurance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: AED2,500.00 – AED4,500.00 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dubai: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- chef: 2 years (Preferred)