We call ourselves “dreamers and doers” for a reason: we can make happen not just what is possible, but what is impossible. We are collaborating on fresh ideas and new solutions in our engine room of creativity and innovation. By becoming part of our team at NEOM, you will join other top talent in their fields from all over the world. These visionary minds and adventurous spirits were drawn by the chance to make history in creating a place of the future from the ground up.
The MYP teacher will endorse and practice the philosophy, pedagogy (including environment, learning, teaching and assessment) research and innovation aspects of the MYP phase and will work as an active member of the MYP team to ensure that the day to day running and development of learning at the NEOM Community School is carried out in accordance with the aims of the NEOM Education, Research and Innovation Sector. She/he will be accountable for upholding the aims and vision of the whole school in this phase and will support the work of the school in contributing to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Vision 2030.
• Plan and teach appropriate MYP learning, including an emphasis on inquiry based, child initiated indoor and outdoor learning based on the Enhanced MYP Programme
• Work effectively in partnership with support staff to ensure consistency of learning for all children
• Observe children’s individual learning progress and outcomes during sessions, assess individual learning needs and use outcomes to inform planning for future learning
• Monitor and assure the quality of learning in the class group, identifying and supporting areas in need of development
• Maintain accurate records of children’s learning, progress and monitor their safety and well-being at all times
• Deploy high quality learning, teaching and interaction strategies when working with the children including the application of high-level questioning within a strategy for sustained, shared thinking to move children’s learning on
• Attend all appropriate professional training and development in accordance with the school’s needs and aspects identified as outcomes of annual appraisal discussions
• Prepare resources, manage and maintain the organisation of a high-quality learning space to support the curriculum and to match the needs of all children in the group
• Ensure that equipment in use is safe, hygienic and in a good state of repair
• Maintain up to date current knowledge regarding international MYP best practice and contribute to ongoing research and improvement in collaboration with the MYP Team
• Participate in Extra Curricular Activities as required, at the discretion of the Head of School