Detachment Engineer -OCONUS-Bahrain
This Position is Contingent upon Contract Award
- Valkyrie Enterprises has an immediate need for Detachment Engineer who will provide key support to the Engineering Department.
- Responsible for tracking execution of Baseline Availability Work Packages (BAWPs), coordinating execution of Mandatory Technical Requirements with Regional Maintenance Center Project Managers and Assessment Directors.
- Primary interface with TYCOM Port Engineer in support of Availability Work Package planning for assigned ships.
- Plan and implement actions by the project team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for project/program products and services.
- Must have a BA/BS in Business, Engineering, or Arts or related field or equivalent experience and at least 7 years of program or project management experience.
- Must have experience managing depot level U.S. Navy surface ship maintenance planning functions or direct experience related to U.S. Navy surface ship operations or maintenance planning and execution.
- Must be able to work independently and live outside of the United States for extended periods of time.
- Prefer at least 5 years of experience in U.S. Navy ship depot level maintenance planning functions or at least 7 years progressive direct experience related to U.S. Navy surface ship operations or maintenance planning and execution.
- Preferred experience includes management or supervisory roles at a Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Repair, and Conversion command, Regional Maintenance Center, U.S. Navy Central Planning Activity, U.S. Navy Planning Yard Activity, or a Planning for Engineering and Repair Activity.
- Experience as a Naval Supervising Authority Project Manager or a U.S. Navy Port Engineer is also preferred.
- Must have an Active DoD Secret Clearance and the ability to maintain a clearance.
- Occasional Travel- Less than 10%
- If position requires travel by domestic flight or access to secure federal facilities/military bases, candidate must be able to obtain (by start of position) and maintain appropriate identification credentials, such as REAL ID. (More information regarding REAL ID can be found: https://www.dhs.gov/real-id )
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
Please note: Valkyrie Enterprises, and its subsidiaries, is a covered contractor and therefore required to comply with the most recent Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. All covered employees and new hires must be fully vaccinated by the current Executive Order date, or by start date (if later than EO date), unless otherwise qualified for legal medical or religious accommodation. Adequate vaccination documentation will be required.
Valkyrie Enterprises, and its subsidiaries is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.