Our International Engineering consultancy client has a new requirement for a well experienced consultant Contracts Manager to join their team in Kuwait at an Airport project. Successful candidates will have a proven background as a Contracts Manager on large scale Airport projects in the GCC
This role is available for immediate joining and is a direct hire, permanent placement with our client.
- Take lead on all contractual matters including but not limited to contract compliance, change management, cost reporting and claim mitigation strategies
- Ensuring that all contract management process and procedures are in place to effectively control and manage the relevant contracts
- Ensure that all necessary bonds, warranties, insurances, undertakings, etc are in the commercial interest of the Employer and in accordance with the relevant contract
- Reviewing all incoming correspondence to assess and manage any commercial impact
- Drafting all contractual communications
- Overseeing the Application and Payments process to ensure that the payments are an accurate reflection of Works on Site and are in accordance with the Contract
- Challenge and negotiate claims and variations submitted by the Contractor and provide an assessment of entitlement to the Employer based on the Contract and the prevailing law
- Take ownership and proactively manage all commercial risks / mitigation on the Project
- Review and issuance of completion certificates, final account and contract close-out report
Contracts Manager – Airport Experience:
- B.Sc degree in Quantity Surveying or a Civil engineering discipline with suitable contractual, legal or commercial background
- Minimum 15 years of general experience.
- Minimum 8 years in similar roles including at least 2-3 Airport projects capable of handling 10mln + PAX p/a
- Experience in reading, writing and amending pre and post contracts
- Experience in the contractual management and delivery of Airport infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrable expertise in Contracts Administration for high value contracts
- Good knowledge and experience in FIDIC (FIDIC Gold preferable)
- Proficient in MS Applications, particularly Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Outlook.
- Well versed in contracts / agreements: principles, theory and application, terminology and development as well as practices and procedures
- Experience with claims management and arbitration support
- Ethical, credible, and commercially astute
- Able to work independently and work under pressure
- Self-motivated, able to prioritise work with target-oriented approach
- Strong written and verbal skills in English / Arabic are preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: KD4,000.000 – KD5,500.000 per month