“),r.close()),!r)throw Error(“base not supported”);var a=r.createElement(“base”);a.href=n,r.getElementsByTagName(“head”).appendChild(a);var i=r.createElement(“a”);return i.href=t,i.href}finally}());var l=i(t||””),f=function();return Object.defineProperties(e,}}),e.prop}catch(t)}(),h=f?this:document.createElement(“a”),m=new o(l.search?l.search.substring(1):null);return m._url_object=h,Object.defineProperties(h,,set:function(e),enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},origin:,enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},protocol:,set:function(e),enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},username:,set:function(e),enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},password:,set:function(e),enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},host:[l.protocol];return e?l.host.replace(e,””):l.host},set:function(e),enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},hostname:,set:function(e),enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},port:,set:function(e),enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},pathname:,set:function(e),enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},search:,set:function(e),enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},searchParams:,enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},hash:,set:function(e),enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},toString:,enumerable:!1,configurable:!0},valueOf:,enumerable:!1,configurable:!0}}),h}var c,s=e.URL;try”href”in c||(c=undefined),c=undefined}}catch(m)if(Object.defineProperties(o.prototype,),this._update_steps()},writable:!0,enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},”delete”:),this._update_steps()},writable:!0,enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},entries:)},writable:!0,enumerable:!0,configurable:!0},toString:,writable:!0,enumerable:!1,configurable:!0}}),”Symbol”in e&&”iterator”in e.Symbol&&(Object.defineProperty(o.prototype,e.Symbol.iterator,),Object.defineProperty(u.prototype,e.Symbol.iterator,,writable:!0,enumerable:!0,configurable:!0})),s)for(var h in s)Object.prototype.hasOwnProperty.call(s,h)&&”function”==typeof s[h]&&(l[h]=s[h]);e.URL=l,e.URLSearchParams=o}(),function()).get(“a”))),a}return e&&”object”==typeof e?(a=new r,Object.keys(e).forEach(function(t)),a):new r(e)}}}()}(self);}if (!(“Window”in self
)) “)()).prototype=self}(self);}if (!((function(n)catch(t)})(self)
)) return n=document.createEventObject(),n.type=e,n.bubbles=!(!t||t.bubbles===undefined)&&t.bubbles,n.cancelable=!(!t||t.cancelable===undefined)&&t.cancelable,n}var t=;if(“undefined”!=typeof document&&”undefined”!=typeof window)),”createEvent”in document||(window.addEventListener=Window.prototype.addEventListener=Document.prototype.addEventListener=Element.prototype.addEventListener=function o()),e._events[n]||(e._events[n]=function(t),t.stopPropagation=function l(),t.stopImmediatePropagation=function s(),t.currentTarget=e,t.relatedTarget=t.fromElement||null,t.target=t.target||t.srcElement||e,t.timeStamp=(new Date).getTime(),t.clientX&&(t.pageX=t.clientX+document.documentElement.scrollLeft,t.pageY=t.clientY+document.documentElement.scrollTop);++r
We are seeking an ambitious, bright and talented junior to mid-level Associate with minimum experience of 2 years PQE to join our Corporate team. The role will involve:
- Work on large scale, complex cross-border UAE and GCC corporate transactions.
- Assist Senior Associates and Partners in the management of deals, including drafting, negotiating, control of due diligence and disclosure exercises and closings, managing projects to a budget, and taking responsibility for client satisfaction.
- General corporate advisory on transactional corporate matters (such as shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements, share sale and purchase agreements, non-disclosure agreements).
- Advise on UAE limited liability companies and joint stock companies, amendments to articles of association and bylaws of UAE companies.
- Advise on UAE foreign investment regulations and licensing processes.
- Well-versed in the UAE Commercial Companies Law and procedures and practices.
- Good command of commercial laws in UAE such as agency, distribution, compliance and privacy.
- Familiarity with relevant UAE authorities both onshore and in free zones.
- Exposure to DIFC laws and regulation would be an important addition.
- Willingness to engage in business development activities and being active in the promotion of the Firm and seeking opportunities for new work principally through supporting the relevant Senior Associates and Partners.
- Working as part of a team including assisting with the supervision of Paralegals work, and taking an active part in sharing knowledge and experience with the team.
- Sector expertise such as technology or health care is an added value.
Key Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- A qualified lawyer (junior-mid level) with excellent academics credentials
- Commerciality and an interest in business development experience
- Excellent English communication skills (fluency in reading, writing, speaking and ability to translate and/or review translations), Arabic language is an added value.
- Initiative and proactivity
- Maturity and gravitas
- Strong service orientation – a “client first” culture
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients and to take responsibility for this relationship
- High work standards
- Flexible work practices
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to adapt style as required
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- A keenness to learn
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
The Corporate team provides skilled M&A (public and private), mergers and acquisitions, foreign investment, capital markets, competition, commercial and regulatory, real estate, construction, government contracts, commercial agency and franchising, to a wide range of clients, including listed PLCs, financial institutions, and major multinational corporates practice within the team. Our practice is broad, and much of what we do is cross-border.
The UAE Corporate Team is a large team and we work across 6 key industry groups: Consumer Goods & Retail, Energy Mining & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Industrials, Manufacturing & Transportation, Technology, Media and Telecoms.
Our key differentiator is our Lawyers who collaborate across borders, markets and industries around the globe. Our Lawyers embrace new ideas and emerging technologies to give businesses confidence in these uncertain times.